Chris Schafer aims to empower his patients to help prevent future problems as well as manage current symptoms.
Chris’s clinical focus as a podiatrist is to treat foot conditions such as;
Heel pain ( Plantar fasciitis) and other musculo-skeletal problems- where orthotics may be needed or for general nail and skin problems.
Leg/ Ankle pain
Chris Schafer receives and makes referrals to other MSK Drs and clinicians. These are GPs, rheumatologists, orthopaedic specialists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, non-msk podiatrists, occupational therapists, pain management psychologists, sports therapists.
Getting the correct diagnosis is crucial .Chris can diagnose or help confirm diagnose for foot/ ankle and lower limb injuries . There are many complex foot/ ankle and lower limb conditions that Chris can help treat.. Chris Schafer has 25 years experience : 20 years in Musculo-skeletal (MSK), 8 years working for an NHS physiotherapy service in MSK ( working in a multi-disciplinary setting assessing and prescribing orthotics ), 4 years working with a team of physios within the military at the Joint Services HQ in Northwood.
The health of your feet is our highest priority. That’s why our practice offers a range of treatments to manage your condition . The following are conditions that Chris can help with the treatment of:
Common Muskulo-Skeletal Podiatry conditions treated:
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Exercise-induced compartment syndrome/pain
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS)
- Inversion injury (Lateral/co-lateral ligament injuries/perennials
- Metatarsalgia stress response/fracture
- Hallux valgus/limitus
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spur/enthesis/trapped nerve
- Bruised or loss of fat pad
- Neural heel pain
- Haglunds deformity
- Retrocalcaneal bursitis
- Medial lateral posterior and anterior relating to biomechanics
Ankle/rear foot pain:
- Sinustarsi syndrome
- Subluxed cuboid tibialis posterior dysfunction
- Accessory/plantar/medialy displaced navicular
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome