“Reiki” is a Japanese word meaning ‘universal life energy’.
It is a method of supporting the body's natural ability to heal and restore.
The therapy was developed by Dr Mikao Usui in the early 20th century as a result of his research, experience and dedication.
The recipient can be lying or seated, whichever is most comfortable, and remains fully clothed.
The Reiki practitioner gently places their hands in a sequence of positions which cover the whole body. Recipients may feel heat or warmth in certain areas and often report feeling immersed in a state of deep relaxation.
- Initiates change in areas of need, restores balance and helps maintain wellbeing.
- Treats the person as a whole - addressing physical, mental and emotional aspects of well-being
- Helpful in resolving a wide range of complaints and supporting individuals with various conditions.
This remarkable technique can be quick and effective in helping the following:
- Muscular and skeletal problems in neck, shoulder, hip, knees, ankle and back, including sciatica
- Frozen shoulder, tennis and golf elbow, R.S.I., carpal tunnel
- Whiplash and sports injuries
- Problems with posture and body alignment
- Migraine and recurring headaches
- Bell's Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease and the difficulties suffered by stroke victims
- Respiratory, bronchial and related conditions such as hay-fever and asthma
- Digestive conditions such IBS, and Crohn's Disease
- High blood pressure
- Hormonal, pregnancy and fertility problems
- Infant colic, bed-wetting, panic attacks
- Cerebral Palsy, Autism, ADD, ADHD and Dyspraxia
- Stress management, ME, fatigue and sleep problems.